7 Days Uganda Primates Tour SafariStarts/Ends: Kampala | Bwindi Forest, Queen Elizabeth & Kibale Forest National Parks
Uganda Primates Tour Adventure
7 Days Start/End: Kampala Bwindi, Kibale & Queen Elizabeth National Parks
This memorable primates tour adventure will take you to the wonderful primate places of Uganda, where you will encounter our close relatives, Chimpanzees, Gorillas, and animals of African savannah such as buffalos, lions, leopards, hyenas, warthogs, Uganda kobs, bush bucks, waterbucks, Elephants, Topi, mangoes plus hippopotamus crocodiles and lots of birds. This includes places of Kibale national park, Queen Elizabeth national park and Bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Chimpanzee tracking and other primates in the rain forest of Kibale national park
- Nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary in search of monkeys and birds
- Game viewing in the savannah of Queen Elizabeth national Park and learn about lions that climb trees.
- Boat trip along the Kazinga channel of Queen Elizabeth national Park with high chances to see hippopotamus and crocodiles and water birds
- Gorilla tracking in the tropical rain forest of Bwindi impenetrable national Park
- Community walks to visit and meet local people including pygmies and learn about their culture
Day 0: Arrival and Transfer to the Hotel
Upon your arrival the guide will pick you and transfer you to the hotel for your overnight stay
Accommodation: Le Petit Village Hotel, Cassia Lodge, Sojovalo Hotel
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale Forest national park
This day you will be transferred to Kibale national park the primate haven of Uganda. This park host 13 primate species including chimpanzees and others such as red colobus, grey cheeked mangabeys, Red tailed monkeys, baboons, and overnight stay.
Accommodation: Luxury: Kyaninga Lodge, Mid-Range: Primate Lodge, Budget: Kibale Safari Camp
Day 2: Full day in kibale national park, Chimpanzee Habituation experience
On this wonderful day take early breakfast and thereafter, report to the ranger station at kanyanchu visitor center in Kibale national park ready for the briefing about the do’s and don’ts before entering the forest for chimpanzee habituation experience that will last for almost full day. This is specifically intended to let you spend many hour as you lean about chimp behaviors and how habituation of these close friend is done. You have chances to see monkey and lots of birds in the forest. Later return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at Day 1.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park and game drive in afternoon
After morning breakfast, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park one of spectacular savannah park of Uganda, cross the equator and do game drive in the afternoon in search of Elephants, lions, Uganda kobs, waterbucks leopards warthogs to mention but a few and birds later check in to the lodge for your overnight stay
Accommodation: Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge, Mid-Range: Enganzi Lodge, Budget: Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge
Day 4: Full day in Queen Elizabeth national park, morning game drive and boat cruise.
Have early morning breakfast and head out for game drive, look for elephants, lions, leopards, buffalos. Waterbucks, Uganda kobs, hyenas, mangoes and many more, Later relax for lunch. After lunch report to the jetty for boat cruise with higher chances to see crocodiles, hippopotamus, and lizard’s huge flocks of birds and possibly elephants and buffalos coming to drink water. You then return back to the lodge for overnight stay at day 3.
Day 5: Game drive and Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park
On this day, after breakfast check out and head to bwindi through the park to the ishasha southern sector of Queen Elizabeth national park, do game drive in search of famous tree climbing lions known to be specifically in that area thereafter, proceed to Bwindi forest national park and check in to the lodge for overnight stay.
Accommodation - Luxury: Mahogany Spring Lodge, Mid-Range: Haven Lodge, Budget: Buhoma Community Rest Camp
Day 6: Full day in Bwindi impenetrable national park, Gorilla Tracking and community walk
Wake up early for you breakfast, with packed lunch report to ranger station for the briefing about formalities of gorilla tracking thereafter together with a ranger guide head to the forest for your memorable gorilla tracking experience. Here tracking of these gentle giants takes few hours to a full day but very interesting so prepare for both challenges. Later you will go for community walk meet people as you learn about their culture depending on time you return back from gorilla tracking. You will the go back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at DAY 5.
Day 7: Transfer back to Kampala or Entebbe and end of the trip.
After breakfast, you will be transferred back to Kampala or Entebbe passing through beautiful landscapes of the area lunch on the way as you end you tour.
Note that accommodation will be in either budget: mid- range: or luxury; according to your choice as selected
END OF TOUR.
Included on above are:-
- Airport transfers
- Chimpanzee habituation permit
- Game drives
- Community walk
- Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Gorilla tracking permit that cost USD $ 600, for Gorilla tracking Experience, in Bwindi Impenetrable N. P of Uganda
- Transport costs in a 4wd vehicle with pop up roof for easy game viewing
- Full time English speaking and knowledgeable Driver/guide
- Accommodation and meals
- Drinking water during the tour
- Government local tax on Accommodation
However the tour excludes:-
- Any domestic or International flights
- Visa fees
- All optional activities
- Medical and travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities to the guide/driver and hotel staffs.
- Any item not mentioned in the itinerary of personal nature like laundry and beverages, souvenirs and telephone bills.