Uganda Primates Tour Adventure
7 Days Start/End: Entebbe Kibale National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Parks & Bwindi Forest
This 7 Days Uganda primates tour will bring you to the best primate safari places of Uganda for Chimpanzee trekking and a gorilla tour in Bwindi forest. Expect to see Chimpanzee, Gorillas, and animals of African Savannah such as buffaloes, lions, leopards, hyenas, warthogs, Uganda kobs, bush bucks, Waterbucks, Elephants, Topi, mangoes plus hippopotamus crocodiles and lots of birds. This includes places of Kibale national park, Queen Elizabeth national park and Bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Chimpanzee trekking and other primates in the rain forest of Kibale national park
- Nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary in search of monkeys and birds
- Game viewing in the savannah of Queen Elizabeth national Park and learn about lions that climb trees.
- Boat trip along the Kazinga channel of Queen Elizabeth national Park with high chances to see hippopotamus and crocodiles and water birds
- Gorilla tracking in the tropical rain forest of Bwindi impenetrable national Park
- Community walks to visit and meet local people including pygmies and learn about their culture
Included in the price
- Airport transfers
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Game drives
- Community walk
- Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Gorilla trekking permit fees
- Transport costs in a 4wd Safari Vehicle with pop up roof for easy game viewing and Fuel
- Full time English speaking and knowledgeable Driver/guide
- Accommodation and meals
- Drinking water during the tour
- Government local tax on Accommodation
Excluded in the price
- Any domestic or International flights
- Visa fees
- All optional activities
- Medical and travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities to the guide/driver and hotel staffs.
- Any item not mentioned in the itinerary of personal nature like laundry and beverages, souvenirs and telephone bills.
Detailed itinerary of Uganda primates tour
7 Day Uganda primates tour itinerary
Day 1: Arrival & Transfer to Kibale Forest national park.
Upon your arrival at Entebbe International Airport, one of our Experienced tour driver/ guide will pick you up and transfer you to Kibale national park the primate haven of Uganda. This park hosts 13 primate species including chimpanzees and others such as red colobus, grey cheeked mangabeys, Red tailed monkeys, baboons and over 350 bird species. On arrival, check in to your lodge to relax and overnight stay at,
- Luxury: KYANINGA LODGE
- Mid-Range: KIBALE SAFARI CAMP
- Budget: CHIMPANZEE FOREST LODGE
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking in the Morning & Afternoon Bigodi wetland Sanctuary walk
On this wonderful day take early breakfast and thereafter, report to the ranger station at Kanyanchu visitor center in Kibale national park ready for the briefing about the do’s and don’ts before entering the forest for chimpanzee tracking experience that will last for 3 to 4 hours in total.
This is specifically intended to let you meet, observe the chimp behaviors in the wild habitat. You have chances to see monkey and lots of birds in the forest. Later return to your lodge for Lunch break.
In the afternoon, you will go for Bigodi wetland sanctuary walk which will reward you with other primate species like monkeys of different kind such as red Colobus monkey, grey cheeked Mangabey, red tailed monkey, Baboons, Black and white Colobus monkeys and many more. you will then return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at Day 1.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park and game drive in afternoon
After morning breakfast, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park one of spectacular Savannah park of Uganda, cross the equator and do game drive in the afternoon in search of Elephants, lions, Uganda kobs, waterbucks leopards warthogs to mention but a few and birds later check in to the lodge for your overnight stay
- Luxury: MWEYA SAFARI LODGE
- Mid-Range: ENGANZI LODGE
- Budget: QUEEN ELIZABETH BUSH LODGE
Day 4: Morning game drive and Afternoon Kazinga channel boat cruise.
Have early morning breakfast and head out for game drive, look for elephants, lions, leopards, buffalos. Waterbucks, Uganda kobs, hyenas, mangoes and many more, Later relax for lunch. After lunch report to the jetty for boat cruise with higher chances to see crocodiles, hippopotamus, and lizard’s huge flocks of birds and possibly elephants and buffalos coming to drink water. You then return back to the lodge for overnight stay at day 3.
Day 5: Ishasha Game drive & Depart for Bwindi impenetrable forest national park
On this day, after breakfast check out and head to Bwindi through the park to the Ishasha southern sector of Queen Elizabeth national park, do game drive in search of famous tree climbing lions known to be specifically in that area thereafter, proceed to Bwindi forest national park and check in to the lodge for overnight stay.
- Luxury: MAHOGANY SPRINGS LODGE,
- Mid-Range: BAKIGA LODGE,
- Budget: BUHOMA COMMUNITY REST CAMP
Day 6: Gorilla Trekking Adventure and Community walk in the afternoon
Wake up early for you breakfast, with packed lunch report to ranger station for the briefing about formalities of gorilla tracking thereafter together with a ranger guide head to the forest for your memorable gorilla tracking experience. Here tracking of these gentle giants takes few hours to a full day but very interesting so prepare for both challenges.
Later you will go for community walk meet people as you learn about their culture depending on time you return back from gorilla tracking. You will the go back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at DAY 5.
Day 7: Transfer back to Kampala or Entebbe and end the trip.
After breakfast, you will be transferred back to Kampala or Entebbe passing through beautiful landscapes of the area lunch on the way as you end you tour.
Note that accommodation will be in either budget: mid- range: or luxury; according to your choice as selected
END OF UGANDA PRIMATES TOUR.
Request a quote
Related Safari Packages
All inclusive African Safari Packages, can be customized for anyone or any group of travellers.